Bring your School group in to Joyride 150 for a day of progressive skill building, real-life learning and fun.
The curriculum will come alive for your students at Joyride 150 Indoor Bike Park! Students will learn new skills, overcome fears, gain confidence, work together and have a blast seeing STEM principles in action.
Under the guidance of our certified and talented instructors, your group will learn new bike handling skills while they progress through our fun and challenging cycling features. By the end of the day, everyone will leave with a story to tell…and they may even learn a new trick or two!
A school visit at Joyride 150 Indoor Bike Park is real world exposure to science and technology in action, and the application of math and engineering. Our program also helps students gain self-confidence, and bicycling skills, in a highly controlled and safe environment. A school trip to Joyride 150 promotes healthy and active living, explores kinesthetic skills and meets all HPE expectations.
Your visit begins with a tour of the entire facility and discussion tailored to the grade level of your students. Each student is outfitted with a bike, helmet and knee/shin guards and elbow/forearm pads and then we experience first-hand the fun of BMX riding.
Safety is our first priority, and all participants are required to wear all protective gear while participating in the education program. Safety gear (helmet, knee/shin pads, elbow/forearm guards) is included, free of charge, in the cost of the program.
A school day visit has private use of our 100,00+ square foot facility, with a student to instructor ratio is 10:1. The park is divided into different areas which are clearly marked with the level of difficulty. Each student is assessed on their abilities and must show proficiency in each area before they are permitted to move to more challenging features.
A visit to Joyride 150 compliments students’ Health and Physical Education: Elementary students will learn about active participation, physical fitness and safety while Secondary students will learn the importance of active and healthy living and movement. Participation in physical activity provides students with a variety of opportunities to increase their self-esteem and self-confidence and develop positive interpersonal skills and attitudes.
Why Should You Bring Your Class to Joyride 150 Indoor Bike Park?
- help students gain self-confidence and bicycling skills in a safe and controlled environment
- encourage healthy and active living
- develops gross and fine motor control, self-worth and team spirit
- build character through physical activity and intellectual stimulation
- demonstrate a progression of skills that lead to safe, independent cycling in the community
- promote an environmentally sustainable mode of transportation
- help develop interpersonal skills, behave effectively in groups
- see STEM applications in action
- foster Global Competencies and lifelong learning
- it is FUN!
$30 + HST per student for tour, day pass, instruction and complete rental package (bike, helmet and knee/shin and elbow/forearm pads)
* Rate is based on a minimum school size of 18 students (small group sizes available on request)
** Teaches and supervisors attend free of charge